Under the new guidelines, states have been given the flexibility to take a decision on reopening schools and coaching institutes after October 15.
What is new in Unlock 5
* Cinemas/theatres/multiplexes will be permitted to open with up to 50% of their seating capacity, for which SOP will be issued by the I&B ministry.
* Swimming pools used for training of sportspersons to re-open from October 15.
* For re-opening of schools and coaching institutions, state/UT governments have been given the flexibility to take a decision after October 15, 2020, in a graded manner. The decision shall be taken in consultation with the respective school/institution managements.
* Department of Higher Education (DHE), Ministry of Education may take a decision on timing of the opening of colleges/ higher education institutions, in consultation with the MHA, based on the assessment of the situation.
* Online/distance learning will continue to be the preferred and encouraged.
* Students may attend schools/ institutions only with the written consent of parents. Attendance must not be enforced, and must depend entirely on parental consent.
* Entertainment parks to re-open from October 15.
* Business to Business (B2B) exhibitions will be permitted to open from October 15.
* Social/ academic/ sports/ entertainment/ cultural/ religious/ political functions and other congregations were earlier permitted with a ceiling of 100 persons, outside containment zones. Now state/UT governments may permit such gatherings beyond the limit of 100 after October 15.
* In closed spaces, a maximum of 50% of the hall capacity will be allowed, with a ceiling of 200 persons. Wearing of face masks, maintaining social distancing, provision for thermal scanning and use of hand wash or sanitizer will be mandatory.
* Strict enforcement of lockdown will continue in containment zones till October 31.
* Containment zones will be demarcated by the district authorities at the micro level after taking into consideration the government guidelines with the objective of effectively breaking the chain of Covid-19 transmission.