Also See: Delhi Dehradun Vande Bharat Express Live
This is the first Vande Bharat introduced in Uttarakhand.
“Delighted to flag off the Delhi-Dehradun Vande Bharat Express. It will ensure ‘Ease of Travel’ as well as greater comfort for the citizens,” said Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
After landing in Delhi to a great welcome at 5am after traveling through the night, PM started his work early.
Here’s what PM Modi said
– Vande Bharat trains are becoming the first choice of families.
– The country is moving ahead with the speed of Vande Bharat.
– With this train, the travel time between Delhi and Dehradun will be considerably reduced.
– The facilities in the train are going to make this journey a fun.
– The world wants to come to India to see India, and to understand the essence of India, in such a situation there are excellent opportunities for states like Uttarakhand.
– Vande Bharat train is also going to help Uttarakhand in taking full advantage of this opportunity.
– Rishikesh-Karnprayag rail line will be completed in the next 3-4 years.
– Earlier governments revolved around family.
– Work on the Char Dham Grand Project with a cost of Rs 12 thousand crore is going on at a fast pace.
– Since 2014, we have transformed the Indian railways.
The train is expected to reduce the travel time between the two cities from five hours 50 minutes to four hours 45 minutes.
- Train to run six days a week
Vande Bharat Express will run six days a week except Wednesday.
- Dehradun to Delhi schedule
Vande Bharat Express (22458) will depart from Dehradun at 7am and terminate at Anand Vihar terminal at 11:45 am.
The train will stop at five stations including Haridwar, Roorkee, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Meerut city.
- Delhi to Dehradun schedule
Vande Bharat Express (22457) will start from Anand Vihar at 5:50pm to reach Dehradun at 10:35pm.
The train will stop at Haridwar station for four minutes and at Saharanpur station for a maximum of five minutes while it will stop for two minutes each at other stations.
The train will have eight coaches – all chair cars.
The train has been indigenously manufactured and is equipped with advanced safety features, including the Kavach technology.
Watch Prime Minister Narendra Modi flags off Uttarakhand’s first Vande Bharat Express train